What every new researcher needs to know #vitaechat
Whatever your situation, taking a professional approach to your development from the start can help make the path smoother, and enable you to be more successful in the long run.
During your doctoral or postdoctoral research you will push the boundary of current knowledge, increasingly becoming an expert in your field. However, being a professional researcher involves not just writing a thesis or papers, but also developing your skills and building your profile. So how do you make the most of your PhD or postdoc and prepare yourself for what’s coming next?
Our moderator will be joined by a panel of researchers at various stages of their careers to discuss what they wish they’d known when starting out. The #vitaechat will help you to answer questions such as:
- As a PhD researcher, or postdoc in a new role, which first steps should I take?
- How do I manage my relationship with my supervisor or PI?
- How do I plan my research project and what are the typical milestones?
- What kind of development opportunities will I have, and how do I prioritise them?
- When should I start thinking about my post-PhD career?
Join us on the 19 October, at 12pm on the #vitaechat stream to discuss how to get started and to understand how to prepare yourself for undertaking your doctorate/new research project or new job
Register your interest HERE and you will be sent a reminder.